Thursday, December 31, 2020

The End of 2020...Recap

 January...was a blur. We had a really bad cold and that was pretty much all I remember about that month. AJ and PJ both got their ears pierced at the end of the month. And Hubby and I talked a lot about a potential move. We announced to the kids on Pip's birthday (she turned 8) that we were planning a move to Florida. I feel a bit badly that it ended up being some thing we told them on her Birthday, it just kind of happened that way.

February...We headed down to Florida for two weeks. We enjoyed time with family and we headed out to the center of the state to scope out areas we might be interested in living. We came home the end of the month feeling fairly certain we knew exactly where we were heading when we moved.

March...The first week we were still recovering from our trip and I spent the end of February and the beginning of March trying to slowly fill the freezer we bought when we got home and prepare the house for whatever weirdness we felt coming down the pike. No, I didn't hoard toilet paper, I kind of wish I had it was touch and go there for several weeks on the TP Front. Our state locked down hard on March 13th and everything stopped for 2 weeks. It felt like the beginning of the end. I know that sounds dramatic but I could see the writing on the wall even the, our way of live was ending. :( We felt strongly to keep moving towards moving.

April...Still locked down but I began to go room by room and pack and clean things out. We began to meet up with friends at each others houses just to feel some normalcy.

May...Same story but even better weather more packing...Jeffy turned 2.

June...Real estate opened and we put our house on the market, sold it by the 14th and had a closing date for the middle of July. More packing and preparing and the goodbyes began. 

July...Packed the house up...packed the kids up...packed our life up and moved down to Florida. It was probably the busiest month I've ever experienced. Florida was getting slammed in the media for our COVID case count and everyone was on edge here. But the state was open. It felt like a breath of fresh air, even though people here were on edge it was nothing like it had been in PA.

August...AJ turned 11 and my Mom visited for a week. We had a great visit. We spent most of our weekends driving around land hunting. We found our property and put in an offer in.

September... Isaac turned 5... Lots of paperwork for buying the land...lots of stress...

October...A very hot month...spent a lot of time playing with water and waiting for the cool off. A lot of waiting in general...

November...We closed on our house and land...yay! Mom came to visit for Thanksgiving.

December...getting ready for Christmas, a fun month, met some other homeschoolers...They cleared our lot for the house...RJ turned 13. 

It's been a good year all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do I Want For My Kids? What Do I Want For Our Days?

My question at the end of my last post was:  How do I transition in all of this? How do I grow with my kids and this new season of life? How...