Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Update...Getting Settled...Home

Artwork made by our old neighbor in PA of our old home. It's my favorite

 The past six months have been a blur of hurry up and wait, transitions and changes. Our new house was finally finished in early June and we made the 45 minute move to our new forest home. It's wonderful here! A National Forest across the dirt road, a 14 acre spring fed lake bordering the back of our 3 acre property...nature galore! 
Our walk to the mailbox

Florida is full of rainbows this time of year...I hope I never stop geeking out about them!

A walk on our road

Space to play!

Half of the backyard (that's the lake peeking out)

Our home has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a dedicated school room and it fits us so well! We are so thankful to be getting settled but that said, we've got projects coming out of our ears. 


The lake at sunset

We moved in early June, my Mom arrived from PA as the moving truck was nearing empty and she stayed for 5 weeks helping us get settled! I don't know how we would have done all that without her. She helped keep the kids while I ran back and forth to the rental to clean and empty it out. She sewed me gorgeous curtains that make the house feel like home. 



She bought us book shelves and helped us with a landscaping project. 



Landscaping Project


A family project!


8 tons of river rock: a lot of fun!

Gutters and river rock...It's a work in progress but at least now the foundation is protected!

We also took little trips with her. 


Then she left and I worked on a few more house things for a week and then we were hit with some virus. I don't think it was the big C, I think it might have been RSV? The younger ones were hit harder than the teens and adults. Nasty cough for the little ones and fever that lasted 5 days. It was exhausting. And then the moment (literally the moment) I was feeling somewhat better we packed up and headed up to PA for a nearly 2 week trip. 

Time with Mom on her porch


A visit to a favorite park

The trip was heartbreaking in all honesty. I mean it was so good to be back and to get snitches of time with my Mom and a few friends. But we were exhausted from the past 2 months and recently recovering from illness. Now we've been back a few days and hopefully we're going to start falling into a new normal. The oldest has started band  (2 days a week) at a local Christian school and I'm staring down the school year and feeling overwhelmed. 

Which brings to me to my question for this school year...

What DO I do well? Next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do I Want For My Kids? What Do I Want For Our Days?

My question at the end of my last post was:  How do I transition in all of this? How do I grow with my kids and this new season of life? How...